Thursday, April 16, 2009

Outrage at Tea Party Coverage, DHS, and More

OK, I usually stick to real estate and business topics here, but I'm riled up and looking to vent, so please sit back and enjoy the ride. I've got some steam to burn off, so here we go.



Subject Number One: Susan Roesgen Deserves a Sound Flogging


BiasIf you don't know who Susan Roesgen is, just google her. I'm sure she's eating up all the publicity she is getting today. Susan is a "reporter" (and I use that term very, very loosely) for CNN who was assigned the task of reporting on one of the Tea Party events held yesterday across the nation. However, instead of being unbiased and reporting the news as it occurred, she decided to incite attendees, twist the story, and even yell at one of the men she "interviewed." It was all quite disgusting, and you can watch the video here.



Subject Number Two: The Left Wing Media is Still Serving Their Own Agenda


The way mainstream networks and CNN treated the Tea Party events yesterday is despicable. They either minimized the event, ignored it all together, or twisted the meaning and intent of the rallies to something sinister. What ever happened to just reporting the news? Would they have treated this the same way if it had been any other type of rally? Of course not.


TEA


Remember Cindy Sheehan? You couldn't turn on your TV or radio, or open a newspaper without reading about her or some other Anti-War Protest. They weren't blasted as "extremist" or "terrorists" in the newspapers. How about when a bunch of New Yorkers painted themselves red and laid in the streets of New York in protest of the war? Media coverage galore. I'm sick of it. Check out what Laura Ingraham and Bill O'Reilly had to say about it here.



Subject Number Three: DHS Secretary Napolitano, Shame on You


The Department of Homeland Security conducted an assessment that stated veterans returning from Iraq are highly susceptible to being recruited by "Right-Wing Extremist Groups" and should be watched. For those of you that haven't read my profile, I am a Marine, and just returned from Iraq last fall. I spent a year of my life FIGHTING terrorism. My family went without their father and husband so I could defend freedom and liberty.


Now, this administration, comprised of people who KNOW NOTHING about the military OR intelligence, wants to label ME a potential threat? It's enough to make me remember a bunch of those four letter words I try so hard to forget. It's apalling and offensive. At least their is public outrage about it as evidenced by Fox News and The American Legion.


In fact the outrage was enough to provoke an apology from DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. A very lame, carefully worded apology that left me with the distinct impression that she wasn't really sorry at all. I'm not alone in thinking this.


"It wasn't an apology in my view," said Pete Hegseth, chairman of Vets for Freedom. "It was one of those non-apology apologies. She was sorry that veterans were offended. She should either apologize for the content of the report as it stands or they should rewrite the report and reissue it."


The Secretary further went on to reference the Oklahoma City Bombing, and how Timothy McVeigh was prior military. Great, one nut in the tree means we must all be psycopaths, right? Irresponsible, ungrateful, and deplorable are a few of the nicer words that come to mind.


shame on you



In Closing


As I said in my intro, I am not prone to ranting on about current events. However, today's news managed to pull Sgt. White's string, and I couldn't stay silent any longer. I think it's a sad state of affairs when people with a valid and legitimate message are denied the opportunity to air it, and instead have aspersions cast upon them.


I furthermore think it is utterly unacceptable to demean or tarnish the sacrifices that my fellow service members have made for this country by making people think we are potential terrorists. No one values our country more than those willing to bleed for it.


Phew! Yes, I feel better. I'll feel even better when this gets read a lot and passed around. Does anyone know if Janet Napolitano is a RainMaker? J/K Thanks for reading, and Semper Fidelis.



twitter FaceBook

No comments:

Post a Comment